Always a treat.
March 14, 2008 § Leave a comment
I made some more muffins this morning and I thought that at last I would actually share! They are pretty delicious and not too unhealthy either! I based my recipe on this one, mostly because it was called To Die For Muffins. Yum. Who could say no to that?! So, here’s my adapted recipe for you:
Stuffs you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence! (mmm)
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What to doooo:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. (personally I’m a fan of liners, I can never stop muffins from sticking for the bottom of the pans!)
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg, vanilla and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix until it’s powdery/chunky/crumby, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. (mine took about 25 mins)
- Serve to hungry husband whilst keeping away from snuffling puppy!
Here is a slightly out of focus shot for you:
I also want to play around with using apple juice as a sweetener and not so much sugar. Maybe some yogurt in there too? Although next on my agenda are; granola bars, vegan red velvet cake, sloppy joes (apparently something Matt has been craving) and then I think I want to do a cranberry and orange bran muffin. Although Cristalle managed to make me want to create my own butter by linking me to this gorgeous blog…all i need is some local fresh milk…hrmph.
In fact, my next blog will be very much Old Red Barn Co. related, but I think it deserves its own posting!
Also, I should apologize for the lack of recent blogging. I’m back on the wagon. Promise.